Weeknight Specialties with a Unique Twist
When you’re in a recipe rut or just can’t think of another meal that will please the entire family, get inspiration from weeknight specialty menus. You may have heard of Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday—many restaurants have adopted these themes, and home cooks around the country are diving into the trend, showing off their concoctions everywhere, from Pinterest to blogs.
Since the first two days of the week are covered, why not fill the entire week and make a new meal every day? See below for some of the most popular specialty days, as well as a few creative ones that are definitely worth a try!
- Assemble a Mediterranean & Great Grain Bowl using vegetarian crumbles.
- Don’t feel like cooking? Heat up a Vegetable Lasagna!
- Make this Taco Salad and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- These Beef & Cheese Mini Tacos are the perfect Taco Tuesday snack!
Waffles aren’t just for breakfast! Grab a box of your favorite frozen waffles (because they are so much more convenient), and make a sandwich, flavorful stack or even a handful of fries – yes, you read that right – fries!
- Build a Turkey BLT waffle sandwich for a quick lunch or dinner.
- For dessert, these S’mor-fles are seriously amazing!
- Combine Thai Thursday with Pizza Night with this Thai Chicken Pizza!
- If you’re busy, this Thai Pad Thai heats up in minutes.
- Prepare Roasted Garlic & Italian Herb Fillets with Grilled Vegetable Penne
- Combine Taco Tuesday and Fish Friday to create a Baja Fish Taco bar!
- Make a beautiful and scrumptious Panzanella Salad.
- This Rainbow Stacked Salad is enough to feed a crowd!
- Throw together this Sesame Pork Stir-Fry with just eight ingredients.
- Make Asparagus and Broccoli Chicken Teriyaki for a sizzling dinner.
Which day of the week is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!