We Salute the Sandwich (and Panini)!
Sandwiches are classic, versatile and outrageously delicious. Lucky for us, August is National Sandwich Month and National Panini Month, and we are excited to celebrate! It’s said that people in the U.S. eat an estimated 300 million sandwiches every day. That’s one for every single American! It’s a heck of a lot of sandwiches, but Americans are onto something here, since nothing can compare to taking a big bite out of your favorite sandwich.
Here are some ways to get creative with or step-up your sandwiches:
Make cream cheese the star
It’s the ideal kid-friendly sandwich star ingredient, but cream cheese also adds a more elegant touch.
- Seedy bread + cream cheese + apricot jam
- Rye bread + cream cheese + salami + pickles
- Pumpernickel bread + cream cheese + tomato + salt + pepper
- Whole wheat bread + cream cheese + cucumber + mint
Don’t get stuck in a sandwich rut! Get creative between the bread.
- When entertaining, jazz-up a tradition by serving Kentucky Hot Brown Baked Sandwiches to hungry guests.
- Crab Salad Sandwiches are an amazing combination of grilled cheese and a juicy crab cake.
- If you’re craving something a little sweeter, then these Cinnamon Raisin Fold-Over Sandwiches will do the trick!
Praise the panini
- This Broccoli Cheesy Ham Panini is NOT your everyday ham sandwich. Add an easy but unforgettable twist with broccoli and cheese that comes already made, pulled from the freezer.
- Prepare a few Turkey & Cheddar Focaccia Paninis ahead of time, and tote them along to enjoy on a picnic or weekend beach day.
Travel the globe with flavors
- Inspired by the flavors of a traditional Cuban sandwich, this Pressed Cheese Sandwich is sweet and tangy.
- These Pannis with Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella take on those decadent Italian flavors we all know and love!
- These tasty Spinach Pizzas in a Pocket Sandwich are filled with organic spinach, feta and mozzarella cheeses and pizza sauce and are only 280 calories!
- Feel satisfied at breakfast, lunch or dinner with Special K’s Egg with Vegetables & Pepper Jack Cheese Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich, made with multi-grain flatbread.
What is your favorite sandwich? Share with us in the comments below!