V is for Vegetarian and Veggie Recipe Favorites!
These days it’s all about veggies, veggies, veggies! Number one on Forbes’ list of the Top 5 Food Trends for 2017 is vegetarian comfort food. What is that you ask? Well, people are looking for new comfort foods that include mashed cauliflower and innovations such as vegetable crust pizza. As plant-based diets gain popularity, certain vegetables are on the rise as well including eggplant, broccoli and squash. (Bet you didn’t know plant-based bacon is a thing!) 😉
Using veggies to substitute for other foods is also appearing more frequently on menus. Certain fruits and vegetables have flavors like their meaty counterparts and can be used in place of for a vegetarian option. Cauliflower crust and toast is now trendy. Taking squash, zucchini and beets and turning them into “zoodles”, what they’re called when you spiralize the vegetables, is taking over traditional pasta as a less carb-heavy meal option.
“According to the Mintel Global Food and Drink Trends 2017 report, there was a 257 percent increase in the number of vegan food and beverage launches in 2016, compared to 5 years ago. ” Eating vegetarian doesn’t have to be hard – as more products are launched, the options for vegetarian appetizers, entrees and sides are not only bountiful, but also delicious!
- Amy’s Kitchen Family Size Thai Red Curry features a blend of curry sauce and organic vegetables, mixed with tofu and butternut squash atop jasmine rice.
- Healthy Choice Asian Potstickers are perfect as a quick lunch or served alongside Cauliflower Fried Rice.
- Gardein Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes are great as an adorable appetizer or finger food, or served on a hearty salad or pasta.
- Green Giant Veggie Tots come in three varieties, so that you can have your tots and eat them too!
- Celentano Eggplant Parmesan has a rich pasta sauce that is sure to satisfy your hunger needs.Michael Angelo’s Vegetable Lasagna uses the best organic ingredients to bring you this delicious pasta dish.
- MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Enchilada Bowl combines your favorite enchilada ingredients over veggie brown rice.
- Saffron Road Grilled Vegetable Tortilla Bake is a mix of sweet peppers, corn and zucchini with cheese and a smokey sauce.
- Just a few ingredients and ten minutes and you’ll have Mediterranean Rice Pilaf on your plate!
- With grilling season just around the corner, grab some buns and fire up the grill to cook these Black ‘N Blue Morningstar Farms Burgers.
- This Farmer’s Market Pesto Tortellini has fresh flavors perfect for springtime!
- Who knew Edamame Sherpherd’s Pie existed! Try this comfort food classic for dinner tonight.
- Cook up this fabulous Vegetarian Tortilla Casserole – there’s no doubt your whole family will love it.
- Spring showers got you stuck inside? This Mediterranean Tortellini Soup will warm you up in no time!
- Enjoying a Kicked Up Herbed Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the best way to celebrate April being National Grilled Cheese Month!
- There is no time like the present – this Summer Vegetable Quiche is delicious year-round!
What are your best vegetarian recipes or favorite new vegetarian products? Share with us in the comments below!