Totally Addictive Recipes for National S’mores Day
Grab your marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers—it’s National S’mores Day! Who can honestly resist this campfire classic, sticky treat? Though no one is sure of the exact origin of s’mores or how they got their name, the Girl Scouts of the USA is credited with the first publication of the recipe in 1927! The original 1927 recipe (for 8 people) calls for eight sticks, 16 graham crackers, 8 bars of plain chocolate (each broken in half) and 16 marshmallows.
For those that need a refresher on how to make s’mores:
- Break a graham cracker in half. One of the halves will be for the bottom of the s’more and the other half will be for the top.
- With a skewer or stick toast two marshmallows over a fire to a crisp, gooey state (or to your own preference).
- Place the chocolate bar on the bottom graham cracker.
- Without removing the marshmallow from the skewer/stick, place it on top of the chocolate.
- Place the remaining cracker on the marshmallow and chocolate and very carefully pull the skewer/stick out.
- Press down on the graham cracker slightly and enjoy!
No campfire? No problem! A s’more can also be made using a conventional oven on the broiler setting or in the microwave!
For a twist on the traditional s’more, whip up these decadent s’more desserts:
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for S’mores Ice Cream Cake!
- These S’mores Bars are almost like the real thing and are perfect for serving to a large crowd.
- Who doesn’t love fudge pops? These S’mores Ice Cream Pops will be your new favorite popsicle!
- Fire up the grill to make these CampfIre S’more Nachos Grill Packets.
- Serve this S’more Cheesecake at your next backyard party.
- Craving something different? Try these tasty Peanut Butter S’mores.
- Calling all chocolate pudding lovers—these Five Minute Pudding S’mores will change the way your eat pudding forever!
- Hosting a dinner party? This Flourless Chocolate S’mores Cake will make your guests swoon.
- This S’mores Trifle looks almost too delectable to eat—almost!
- Who would’ve thought you could make a caramel mocha even better—see for yourself and try an Ultimate S’mores Caramel Mocha!
- This S’mores Milkshake could possibly be the best milkshake you’ll ever taste!
- Step up your iced coffee game by making a yummy Coconut S’mores Mocha.
S’mores aren’t just for dessert! Try out these s’more-tastic breakfast ideas:
- We can all agree that waffles are tasty on their own, but these S’more-fles—life-changing!
- Skip the maple syrup and instead stuff your French toast sticks with something ‘smore up your alley—Ultimate French Toast S’mores!
How will you celebrate S’mores Day? Let us know in the comments below!