Super Snacks, Treats and Apps for the Big Game!
You’re probably well aware that this Sunday marks the biggest game of the year. Not only is it the championship football game, it’s also a huge day for grubbing. Did you know that the Super Bowl is the second largest day for food consumption behind Thanksgiving? Whether you plan on attending a Big Game party or hosting one at your home, we have you covered with a drool-worthy, touchdown scoring menu!
Whether waiting for the coin-toss or taking a time-out during the game, impress party guests with this spread of snacks and appetizers:
- They said it best, these Pepperoni Bites are a taste bud touchdown!
- These Chicken Mac & Cheese Sliders will be the first thing to go!
- For those who like some kick before kick-off, these Spicy Hot Wing Party Bites will do the trick!
- Be sure to add this Cheddar Cheese Football Spread to your Big Game menu.
- Swap the chips for these Parmesan Potatoes.
- Great for kids and adults, these Mac & Cheese Phyllo Footballs will be the perfect mess-free snack.
- Festive and delicious, this Nutty Touchdown Cheese Ball will feed the whole crew without hours in the kitchen.
- Serve up a Football Party Platter for the easiest recipe you will find for game-day.
- Game-day wouldn’t be the same without dip. This Original Ranch Spinach Dip is made for all-day snacking.
- Throw ‘em in and let ‘em go! Nothing could be easier than these Crock Pot Game Day Taco Nachos.
- These Grilled Cheese & Soup Game Day Sliders are super easy to make and will be a crowd-pleaser!
- Grab a handful of Game Day Super Snack Mix and curb your sweet tooth.
The party ain’t over ’til you serve these touchdown-worthy sweets and treats:
- Dessert without the mess, serve these Chocolate Cream Puff Banana Kebabs with Chocolate Drizzle.
- When you present these Pretzel S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars don’t count on leftovers!
- You’ll score some major host/hostess points if you make this Cookies-and-Cream Football Shaped Dip.
- Skip the store-bought and instead make your own impressive Football Ice Cream Cake!
- Super festive and easy to make, these Football Cookies will be a party favorite.
Need some more super easy ideas?
Now, before we get on with the Big Game party prep, we wanted to share some of these fun Super Bowl Sunday facts:
– The average person will consume 2,400 calories during the game.
– Fans spend more than $50 million on food in the four days prior to the Super Bowl.
– 10 million pounds of ribs and 12.5 million pounds of bacon is purchased during the week of the Super Bowl
– According to the National Chicken Council, Americans eat approximately 1.23 billion chicken wings.
– According to the Snack Food Association, Americans eat an estimated: 11.2 million pounds of potato chips, 8.2 mil. pounds of tortilla chips, 3.8 mil. pounds of popcorn and 3 mil. pounds of nuts.
– 8 million pounds of guacamole is eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
– About 1.5 million Americans will call in “sick” on Monday and another 4.4 million are expected to show up late for work.
With only a few days away, we can’t help but be super stoked for Sunday! So we want to know: what’s your favorite food to enjoy while watching the Super Bowl? What will you serve at your Big Game bash? Share with us in the comments below.