It’s Mother’s Day! Alleviate the Stress & Surprise Your Mom with a Meal She Won’t Forget
In our opinion, moms should be celebrated all year long, but since Mother’s Day is given a special day (May 11), we are letting everyone in on a little secret- ask not what your mom can do for you, but what YOU can do for your mom! To make this Mother’s Day memorable, celebrate the love you have for you mom with a leisurely brunch, dinner with the family and sweets to end the night.
According to a recent NFRA survey, 40 percent of respondents shared that their mom was the main source of culinary inspiration. To make your mom proud, spoil her with a favorite dish or recipe! Start with the sample menus below for every meal occasion.
Brunch at its Best
- Serve your mom a Skinny Hazelnut Iced Coffee or Nutella Latte because there are no rules on Mother’s Day for when it is appropriate to eat chocolate!
- If your mom is not the coffee type, whip her up a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie for a burst of flavor.
- Assemble this Breakfast Sunrise Pizza that is easily transportable and can be perfectly-portioned for surprising mom with breakfast in bed.
- These Bite-size Morning Buns look impressive and are simple to make to wow your mom with their delectable flavors.
Wine and Dine at Dinner Time
- Herb-Baked Salmon on Asparagus is a healthy and light dish to balance out the dessert that is sure to follow. Bonus points for providing a bread basket with Multi-Grain Rolls that go from the freezer to oven for a perfectly toasted exterior.
- Indulge your mom’s Italian cravings and make Chicken Pasta Parmigiana served with 5 Cheese Texas Toast for necessary sauce dipping.
- Show off your culinary skills with Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie for a fun twist on a classic comfort food. Or save time by stocking your with freezer with White Meat Chicken Pot Pies—just heat and enjoy!
- Moms who can take the heat will love these Kickin’ Popper Bites that are even better paired with Creamy Salsa Dip.
- Caprese Meatballs pack a flavor punch on a stick and will be the cutest h’orderves your mom will ever see!
- The layers of this Lemon Kiwi Trifle are appealing to all senses and will become a favorite for years to come.
- Similar to the highly admired Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, kick things up a notch with homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Tartlets for the candy bar loving mom.
- Scrumptious 3-Layer German Chocolate Cake goes straight from the freezer to the plate for a mouthwatering dessert.
- For a touch of elegance, put together Phyllo Mascarpone with Fresh Raspberries & Kiwi Tarts that look as if they came straight from the bakery case.
We hope you and your mom have a delightful Mother’s Day full of exceptional food and recipes! Let us know how your mom inspires you in the comments below and be sure to relay the message to her on May 11!
 Survey findings are from a national online omnibus among American adults, men and women, 18+, fielded by Impulse Research in July 2013.