Slam Dunk Food Options for March Madness
March Madness kicks-off on March 17. Whether you’re rooting for the underdog or cheering on your alma mater, there’s no better excuse this month to chow down on some satisfying snacks and drool-worthy desserts. From the first tip-off to the last buzzer, enjoy these all-star eats and treats!
According to a study done by GrubHub in 2014, pizza orders became 19 percent more common after fans’ teams lost games, and dessert orders increased by 9 percent when their teams got knocked out of the tournament. Don’t let the losses get to you and always have delicious food on hand, because who can resist the joy of cheesy nachos or wings? And don’t forget, you can plan your basketball food lineup with help from the frozen food and dairy aisles.
If you’re hosting a viewing party or bringing a dish, we’ve got you covered from appetizer to dessert with convenient and easy-to-assemble recipes and products that are sure to be a slam dunk!
- Before tip-off, pass around a bowl of Garden Sausage Dip with pita chips or veggies. Hearty and full of texture, it’s just the right appetizer to hold you over until halftime.
- No sporting event is complete without wings! Try Honey BBQ with ranch dressing or box out with these tangy and sweet Raspberry Lime Wings.
- March Madness is the hot event this season. Match the heat with Sriracha Chicken that is ready in under 20 minutes.
- Serve these Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs with toothpicks for a tasty appetizer that’ll bring everyone to their feet!
- This Slam Dunk Chili Dip is the ultimate M.V.D.—Most Valuable Dip!
- Forget your worries about not having enough food, the Fiesta-Minis Variety Pack is there to assist! It includes beef & cheese tacos, steak & cheese mini taquitos and grilled chicken mini quesadillas—a range of munchies sure to accommodate everyone’s cravings.
- The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! Heat up your March Madness bash with this Pepper Jack Cheese Ball.
- Enjoy a drink and dessert two-for! Root Beer Floats are fun and family-friendly, but for a bit of an adult edge, replace the soda with beer, bourbon or your favorite alcohol.
- Pizza is a basketball-watching staple. Stock your freezer with a variety of Wild Mike’s Pizzas—especially their Pepperoni, Hawaiian and Supreme!
- Beat the buzzer with hoops-themed Basketball Mini Cookie Pies.
Will you be glued to the screen, watching the basketball games all month long? If so, make sure to plan ahead and bring along an all-star dish to share, or throw a hoops-watching party full of munchies no one will want to miss!