Say Bye-Bye to Summer with a Block Party
With Back-to-School commercials and sales coming at us from every angle, it’s time to admit summer is coming to a close. Whether that makes you thrilled or heartbroken, don’t let these last few weeks slip by without getting friends, neighbors and family together for one last shindig. And really, what better way to say goodbye to summer than with a Block Party?!
All summer long you’ve been hitting the grill hard, indulging in frozen sweet treats and enjoying every last bite of your favorite summer produce. So let’s throw it all together for the perfect summer ending!
Block parties are an essential summer activity, so make sure you throw yours before the kids head back to school! Bring the whole gang outside, and feast on finger foods, salad & sides, fruit and fun, summery desserts.
Finger Foods: Don’t let your hands get tied down with sandwiches or silverware—grab something deliciously easy to indulge in and get to making the last of those summer memories!
- These Calzone Bites are the perfect miniature version of an old, Italian classic!
- Take your Block Party to the tropics with Margaritaville’s Jerk Shrimp & Grilled Pineapple—easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
- Bridgford makes it easy to walk & talk with these hand-held Spinach Artichoke Appetizers—no dipping required!
- Let Tai Pei do the cooking for you with this Asian staple—Chicken Egg Rolls!
- Corn on the cob is a classic summer dish! Smart Balance makes it Block Party-friendly with this Grilled Corn Salad!
- Looking for something a little heartier? Keep family & friends full with these delicious Nacho Potatoes!
- Give your pasta salad an upgrade with Sargento’s 6 Cheese Italian Lemon Basil Orzo!
- A traditional salad with a twist—spice things up with this Taquito Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing!
Fruits: Nothing says summertime like some sweet, fresh fruit. Keep the block party going with these
creative fruit dishes friends and family will go bananas over!
- This Berry Trifle is so berry-licious, it’s the perfect dish to end summer on a sweet note!
- What’s a good party without any pizza? Get colorful with Pillsbury’s Rainbow Fruit Pizza.
- Plain fruit is great—a Chobani Fruit Kebab is even better!
Dessert: Go out with a delicious bang—a sweet, sweet summer deserves a sweet, sweet ending!
- Brownie + Ice Cream + Pizza= something sure to make everyone happy. Enjoy a slice of Breyer’s Brownie Ice Cream Pizza with all your friends and family!
- Lemonade is such a summer classic—we couldn’t forget about it! Treat friends and family to these refreshing Frozen Mini Raspberry Lemonade Pies.
- All good celebrations must have cake—make the perfect summertime dessert with Oiko’s deliciously moist Citrus Yogurt Cake!
How does your family celebrate the end of summer? Do you have a favorite Block Party recipe? Let us know in the comments below!