Preheat the Oven—It’s National Baking Month!
Did you know that January is National Baking Month? With the freezing temperatures and winter precipitation, staying in and baking seems like the perfect idea. Besides, standing near a warm oven is an added bonus! From pies to cupcakes and cookies to breads—plus everything in between, you can’t go wrong with these scrumptious baked goods.
Pies: Whether it’s fruity, chocolaty or some other delicious concoction, we love all things pies. If you’re craving pie but don’t feel like doing all of the work, be sure to check out the dessert aisle of the frozen food section for bakeshop quality pies—just bake and serve! There are also frozen pie shells and pie crust dough found in the dairy aisle.
- If you’re apple and pumpkin pied-out, give this MRS. SMITH’S® Original Flaky Crust Peach Pie a chance.
- If you can’t pick between blueberry, strawberry, blackberry or raspberry pie, this MRS. SMITH’S® Original Flaky Crust Very Berry Pie is a very good compromise.
- For the chocolate lovers, we highly recommend this Mississippi Mud Pie.
- Use frozen raspberries to bake this yummy Raspberry Cream Pie featuring a hidden chocolate ganache layer!
Cakes & Cupcakes: Between the moist yet fluffy cake and the mouthwatering frosting/icing, we’re total suckers for cakes and cupcakes! Not only are they delicious, cakes are seen as symbols of celebrations and often served for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and weddings.
- For the coffee lovers, this Mocha Almond Sheet Cake starts with a boxed cake mix and is a total game-changer.
- This Praline Crunch Cake is complete with a crunchy streusel topping.
- Not only are these Strawberry Cupcakes with Creamy Strawberry Buttercream pretty, they’re oh-so-tasty too!
- Cure your winter blues with these Key Lime Cupcakes!
- If you haven’t had enough of pumpkin spice, whip up these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.
Cheesecakes: We like to think of cheesecakes as the best of both worlds: both a pie and a cake! While most cheesecakes are cream cheese based, you can also make them with sour cream and even Greek yogurt. When baking with cream cheese, be sure to take it out of the fridge at least an hour before baking.
- This Cherry Cheesecake Made Over will impress even the pickiest dessert eaters.
- Holy cannoli this Cannoli Cheesecake is seriously amazing!
- Have you ever baked using liquid coffee creamer? Try these Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Bars!
- This Orange Cheesecake with Fresh Berries is almost too beautiful to eat. Almost.
- Whether enjoyed plain or with a fruit or chocolate topping, this Sour Cream Cheesecake is pure bliss!
Cookies, Brownies & Bars: While some of you may be sick of baking/eating cookies after the holidays, we’re definitely not. We love the idea of baking cookies, brownies and bars because they’re hand-held, which means you can indulge at any time since you don’t need a spoon or fork! To cut down on the prep, stop by the dairy aisle for ready-to-bake cookie dough!
- These Snickerdoodles are a kid and adult favorite for sure!
- We’re drooling over these Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ Big Deluxe Hershey’s™ Cookies N Crème Cookies.
- These NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are as yummy as they are simple to bake!
- If you’re looking for a homemade brownie recipe, this Chocolate MELT Organic Brownies is a must-try.
- Anything s’mores related is bound to be incredible, especially these Inside-Out S’mores Brownies!
- This Cereal Breakfast Bar is as healthy as it is scrumptious!
- Keep it simple with these Shortbread Bars.
Breads & Muffins: Whether for breakfast or dessert, we especially enjoy breads and muffins during the colder months. They’re like a sweet comfort food that goes great with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee/hot cocoa!
- While Pumpkin Bread is most popular in the fall and around the holidays, it’s one of our favorite breads to make throughout the year.
- This Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread is made easy starting with frozen bread dough!
- Whether for breakfast, snack or dessert, you’ll fall in love with these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
- You can make these Cranberry Lemon Muffins year-round using frozen cranberries.
Now that we’ve shared all kinds of baked goodies, we’re curious to know what your favorite dessert (or breakfast) to bake is? Let us know in the comments below. Happy Baking!