Pile It On for Pizza Night!
Weekly food themes are all the rage, with Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday, Wine Wednesday and many more. But just because no day of the week begins with “p” doesn’t mean that a dedicated Pizza Night is wrong—in fact, it’s very right! Even better, ditch delivery, and make it a fun activity for the entire family.
Both frozen and refrigerated dough make Pizza Night the best night of the week because half the prep is already done for you. Simply grab a roll of dough/crust out of the fridge or freezer, and start to assemble with your favorite toppings. From there, feel free to experiment with flavors, and use ingredients you already have on hand. Check out these conveniently made, pizzeria-inspired, fool-proof recipes to try at your next Pizza Night:
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza amplifies the traditional flavors of the beloved sandwich.
- Taco Tuesday can easily become Pizza Night when you throw together a Taco Pizza filled with Mexican-inspired ingredients like enchilada sauce.
- Fire up the grill outside or heat up your pizza stone in the oven for Grilled Mediterranean Pizzas.
- Make dinner even easier with a little addition: pre-prepared frozen pizza + a few veggies + meat = Pizza with Turkey Sausage, Spinach, and Pesto.
- Get creative, and add a dessert pizza to the mix with S’Mores Pizza— decadently covered with chocolate, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbles.
Frozen pizzas are the essential freezer item because they are heat-and-eat meals, easily customizable and conveniently portioned for single servings or families. If you haven’t browsed the freezer aisle in a while, now is the time. Here are some of our favorite frozen pizza options:
- American Flatbread frozen pizzas are all-natural, with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, and are handcrafted from scratch and par-baked in wood-fired ovens. They also offer dairy-free flavors.
- Freschetta comes in a range of varieties such as gluten-free, naturally-rising crust, brick oven and thin & crispy.
- Red Baron has tried and true cheese and pepperoni pizzas but also carries French bread singles and deep dish mini pizzas.
- Tony’s solves the problem of two people wanting different toppings—they developed a “halfsies” pizza that keeps cheese lovers and pepperoni lovers equally happy.
- Palermo’s are signature Italian pizzas that range from primo thin, pizzeria-style and flatbread to breakfast options.
- Home Run Inn has the classics, but it also hits on the flavor trends with different meats and cheeses, as well as spicy and sweet toppings.
For your next Pizza Night, what types of products and ingredients will you explore? Share with us your favorite frozen pizzas and recipes in the comments below!