Perfect Side Salads for your Memorial Day Cookout
It’s Memorial Day weekend! The unofficial start of summer and prime cookout time. Now, everyone loves a juicy burger or tasty hot dog, but what about the all-important side dishes? We’ve got you covered with the must-serve side salads that will make everyone rave.
In case you were wondering, the word salad comes from the Latin word “sal” which means salt, as in the 14th century French and English would usually dress raw vegetables with oil, vinegar and salt. We have kept this tradition of dressing up vegetables with salty toppings/sauces and calling it “Salad.” 
Hearty Potato Salads
- Fresh Mozzarella Roasted Potato Salad is like a delicious mix between caprese salad and potato salad.
- This oldie-but-goodie Homestyle Potato Salad is a classic for your backyard barbecue.
- The light and creamy texture of this New Potato Salad recipe is a fresh spin on your traditional potato salad.
Summery Pasta Salads
- A Made-Over Pasta Side Salad has less fat but all the delicious taste of this traditional favorite.
- This Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is loaded with delicious, fresh veggies!
- Who needs lettuce for a Caesar salad? Try this Creamy Caesar Pasta Salad that has all the taste of the original.
Colorful Veggie Salads
- The best of both worlds, Broccoli Panzanella is a hearty Tuscan salad featuring bread and veggies
- This colorful marinated Corn Relish Salad with corn, tomato, cheese and green pepper is the perfect accompaniment to any cookout.
- The rainbow of veggie fixings in this Rainbow Stacked Salad is super for summer entertaining.
What favorite salad will you be serving for your Memorial Day celebration? Tell us in the comments below.