Peachy-Keen Recipes for National Peach Month
August is here and that means it’s National Peach Month! Did you know the peach originated in China? Today, China is the largest world producer of peaches with Italy coming in second. You might know Georgia as the Peach State, but California grows 175 varieties and produces more than 50% of the peaches in the United States! The peach is the third most popular fruit grown in America, providing about one-fourth of the world’s total supply of peaches. The ever-popular fruit is grown in more than 30 of the United States.
There are over 700 varieties of peaches – that’s right, 700! No matter what variety is your favorite, there’s no doubt peaches are a sweet and juicy fruit full of possibilities. When peaches aren’t in season or you’re looking for a quick and convenient solution, check out these frozen varieties – perfect for your peach recipes! Even for recipes that call for fresh peaches – just thaw them for a few minutes and you’re all set:
- Cascadian Farm Organic Sliced Peaches take the work out of prepping for your favorite summer recipe.
- Dole Sliced Peaches come in an easily resealable pouch so you can take only what you need and save the rest.
- Sliced Peaches from Birds Eye offer the versatility of ready-to-go fruit that’s ready when you need it and won’t leave any to waste.
- Sautéed Peach Topped French Toast has that sweet, cinnamon-y flavor topped with delicious warmed peaches.
- Spiced Brown Sugar Salmon with Peach-Kiwi Salsa is a dinner recipe sure to be a hit!
- Make the most of your grill while you can with this Grilled Peach and Pepper Jack Pizza!
- Try this classic Peach Melba recipe – because who says you can’t have ice cream for breakfast
- Did you ever try grilled cheese on the grill? Enjoy this melty Peach & Prosciutto Grilled Cheese in the comfort of your backyard or patio!
As for dessert, enjoy these sweet recipes that are all peached-out!
- These picture-perfect Grilled Peach Phyllo Tarts won’t last long at your summer barbeque.
- Hot out of the oven, Smith’s Original Flaky Crust Peach Pie tastes just like moms!
- This easy Peach Crisp recipe will have you coming back for seconds.
- A Pineapple Peach Smoothie great for a hot day by the cool pool.
- Serve this Grilled Peaches and Cream Shortcake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream!
- Grab Graeter’s limited edition French Pot Peach Ice Cream while you can!
What’s your favorite way to each peaches? Let us know in the comments below!