Pass the Syrup…It’s National Pancake Day!
So today may be the unofficial National Pancake Day, but we’ll take any excuse to eat this fluffy breakfast staple! The first recorded mention of pancakes dates back to ancient Greece. In the American colonies, pancakes—known as hoe cakes, johnnycakes or flapjacks—were made with buckwheat or cornmeal. Every culture has their own version under different names – from the crepe, to a hotcake or a blini. No matter how you stack them, they’re the perfect blank canvas for any number of toppings and add-ins. To celebrate National Pancake Day we’ve rounded up 16 of our favorite products and recipes.
- Light and fluffy, Banana Pancakes with Maple Pecan Syrup combine all your favorite flavors.
- Nothing beats a Sunday morning classic like Downeast Wild Blueberry Pancakes.
- If you’re looking to get into the holiday spirit, Egg Nog Spice Pancakes are filled with the flavors of the holidays.
- Who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast? Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cashew Cream Frosting are the best of both worlds.
- The most tropical stack you’ll ever sink your fork into, Orange Pancakes with Tropical Citrus Sauce will start your day with a little bit of sunshine.
- Roasted Pumpkin Pancakes can be enjoyed any time of year.
- Add your favorite nuts for a delicious crunch.
- There’s no need to slave over the stove on busy mornings when Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancakes are ready in minutes.
- Let Pillsbury Heat-N-Go Mini Blueberry Pancakes help you avoid the morning rush with tasty, heat-in-the-bag goodness.
- There’s nothing quite like the light, fluffy texture and delicious traditional taste of Eggo Buttermilk Pancakes.
- With chocolaty goodness baked into every bite, indulgent De Wafelbakkers Chocolate Chip Pancakes start your day with something sweet.
- Lil’ Griddles Mini Pancakes are perfectly portable and just the right size for little hands.
One of the best things about pancakes is there are a lot of non-traditional ways to eat them, too.
- Protein-packed Cottage Cheese and Oatmeal Pancakes are a delicious alternative that will fill you up and keep you going.
- Looking for something gluten free? Vegan Flaxmilk Pancakes make a tasty gluten-free substitute for traditional pancakes.
- Is it a Pancake or a Puff? Apple & Bacon Puff Pancakes make a simple, yet elegant breakfast masterpiece.
- When you don’t have time to heat up the griddle, Nut Butter and Jelly Protein Pancake in a Mug is a convenient and time-saving option for weekday mornings.
- Healthful ingredients and favorite flavors combine in these Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes.
What kind of stack will you enjoy for National Pancake Day? Tell us on the comments below!