One-Pot Meals to Save You Time (and Dishes!)
After getting up early and working all day, running to the grocery store on your way home and picking up the kids from school activities, you’re exhausted – but dinner must go on! When you’re not up for an hour of prep and then waiting for the timer to go off, choose one-pot meals! It takes less effort, time and way less dishes. Whether you opt for your iron skillet, a wok or your slow-cooker, there are endless recipes to simplify your life.
So who can we thank for the glorious invention of the slow-cooker? That would be Irving Naxon, who received a patent for his food heating device in 1940; a design which he later sold his design to Rival Manufacturing in the 1970s. Rival put the heating device on the market as the ever-popular “Crock Pot”. Whether you call it a slow-cooker or a Crock Pot, there’s no doubt that these devices are effortless to use.
Break your slow cooker in with these simple and savory meals:
- In the mood for Mexican? Slow Cooker Quesadilla Casserole will be worth the wait!Have some leftover chicken and broth? Throw everything together in a slow cooker to make this Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup.
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli calls for only four ingredients that you probably already have on-hand.
- Spring is here and so is BBQ season! Get in the spirit with Slow Cooker Barbecue Sandwiches!
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup, Taquitos & Easy Greens is a unique and complete dinner your whole family will love.
Or try these easy one-pot/one-pan meals:
- Start your day off right with hearty Farmhouse Sausage and Potatoes Skillet for breakfast.
- For chili with a springtime spin that’s perfect for a rainy day, try White Bean Chili with Apples.
- For dinner in less than 20 minutes, Chicken and Rice Skillet Dinner is the answer!
- Kick it up a notch with Crunchy Beef & Broccoli Bake – take a frozen entrée and add these simple ingredients for a complete, one dish meal.
Whether you like low and slow in a Crock Pot or quick and easy on the stove top, share your favorite one-pot recipes below!