Make Every Morning Extra Special during Hot Breakfast Month
Did you know 18 percent of Americans over the age of two regularly skip breakfast? Who would want to miss out on scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, French toast and waffles? Now is a perfect time to chow down on some comforting dishes during Hot Breakfast Month!
As we addressed in our previous blog post, Breakfast of Champions, breakfast refuels your body and brain while giving you energy that lasts throughout the day. It also kick-starts your metabolism and provides you with valuable nutrients. Along with that, there’s a positive link between breakfast, mental alertness and physical performance.
Raise the temperature on those chilly winter mornings with these convenient and easy-to-prepare recipes and heat-and-serve breakfast foods:
- Start your day with a pre-prepped Eggo Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich that combines two food favorites for all ages: waffles take place of bread and eggs are the glue that holds it all together!
- Treat yourself to a sit-down breakfast one morning a week and have a hearty, savory bowl of Meat Lovers Breakfast— chock full of eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese and bacon.
- Orange Pancakes are full of bright and citrus flavors that would be perfect for a weekend brunch or leisure breakfast. Swap out for grapefruit, pineapple or berries depending on what’s stocked in your kitchen.
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burritos are individually wrapped for convenience and ready-to-eat in minutes, so bring them on-the-go or pack them for later. If you’re feeling adventurous and need a boost in the morning, throw on some sriracha sauce—you’ll surely be wide awake on the commute to work.
- Reinvent a classic breakfast staple by serving the family and guests Blueberry Baked French Toast. Full of flavor and great texture, this casserole-like dish is out-of-this-world creamy and delicious with cottage cheese, berries and nuts.
- A protein-packed breakfast can help you conquer the day. Whip up yummy Vegetable Cheddar Quiche for breakfast and save the leftovers for lunch or dinner.
- Who doesn’t love hot, fluffy pancakes in the morning, but who honestly has the time? Heat up De Wafelbakkers Chocolate Chip Pancakes in minutes and enjoy with whipped cream topping and/or powdered sugar for an extra treat!
A well-balanced breakfast is how every day should start, but this month in particular, embrace your cravings and enjoy your favorite hot breakfast dish!