Labor Day Weekend Menu
Whether you want to admit it or not, Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of summer (*tears*). Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday in September, and many people go away to the beach or lake, or have a BBQ with family and friends. In fact, Labor Day is the third most popular holiday for barbequing, following July 4th and Memorial Day.
Before we get into the menu, we thought it was interesting that:
– The first U.S. Labor Day was celebrated in NYC on September 5, 1882.
– Oregon was the first state to make Labor Day a holiday in 1887.
– During peak hot dog season (Memorial Day and ending on Labor Day), Americans consume an average of seven billion hot dogs, or 818 hot dogs every second.
- You better make a double batch of these Bacon-Wrapped TATER TOTS!
- Deviled eggs are a must at any covered dish. Bring these Holy Guacamole Deviled Eggs for a fun twist!
- They may look intimidating to make, but these Spinach Cheese Swirls are surprisingly easy!
- Serve this Crock Pot Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip with a platter of your favorite flavor of taquitos.
- These Tomato Mozzarella Skewers are easy to assemble and will be a party hit.
Grill up fun entrees that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters:
- If steaks are on the menu, then this Chive Horseradish Butter Topping for Steak is a must-have!
- Why not spice up your ordinary cheeseburgers by grilling these Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers.
- Give your ‘ol barbecue chicken standby a break and instead try Grilled Teriyaki Chicken.
- Step outside your wings comfort zone and make these flavorful Raspberry Lime Wings!
- These Ginger Black Bean Dragon Burgers are so tasty no one will be able to tell they’re vegetarian!
- These Salmon Burgers with Tomato Corn Salsa and Cabbage Slaw taste like a party in your mouth!
- This picnic staple is made easy using Simply Potatoes refrigerated diced potatoes—Classic Potato Salad.
- Toss together this Fresh Italian Summer Pasta Salad, chill and serve!
- Everything’s better on a stick, including these Grilled Vegetable Kabobs!
- Fire up the grill to make Grilled Corn with Scallion Lime Buttery Spread.
- Everyone will love this Creamy Coleslaw recipe using sour cream!
Sit back and relax with these refreshing drinks:
- Everyone will obsess over this Watermelon Cooler using Lindy’s Homemade Italian Ice!
- Blend up a Frozen Pina Colada for an instant break from reality!
- This refreshing Florida Spritzer is even kid-friendly.
A party isn’t a party without decadent sweets and treats:
- Impress your guests with a patriotic display that’s almost too cool to eat—Mini Phyllo Flag Tarts!
- This Berry Bliss No-Bake Cheesecake looks beautiful, tastes incredible and is oh-so simple to make.
- Take the “labor” out of Labor Day by serving up an Edwards Reese’s Crème Pie from the freezer case—just thaw and voila!
- Whip up this simple Key Lime Dip to serve with your favorite Delizza Patisserie cream puffs or eclairs!
What dish, drink or dessert are you looking forward to enjoying the most this Labor Day weekend? Let us know in the comments below!