Labor Day: Last Call for Summer Eats!
As Labor Day approaches every year, we have to admit we’re always feeling a little bittersweet. Somewhat sad because summer and warm weather is dwindling…but happy because kids are back in school, and the fall holidays are near. Regardless, it’s a time when everyone deserves one last hoorah with family and friends!
This last summer party should definitely include the summer favorites—we’re talking BBQ fare, sweet and juicy fruit and of course, plenty of beverages to go around. This Labor Day weekend, celebrate your time off with family and friends with the tastiest eats! Here is a sample menu that will help anyone soak up the last days of summer.
- Layered Mexican Spread only calls for four ingredients, but it’s full of flavor and pairs well with chips, veggies or pita.
- Lemony Parmesan Artichoke Dip is hearty and exactly what party guests want to munch on while waiting for their main meal.
- Classic Grilled Salmon Burgers with Sesame Ginger Slaw are a unique alternative to burgers, and this Asian-inspired rendition is packed with diverse flavors.
- Grilled Flank Steak Tacos are zesty, spicy and the ideal grilled summer send-off meal.
- Cheddar & Bacon Potato Salad takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and includes all your favorite loaded potato ingredients!
- Mexican Corn Elote is the perfect food to grill for the last time because it just screams summer and tastes even better.
- Mango Berry Relish Phyllo Tartlets pile the fruit of the season high atop mini phyllo tarts that are as adorable as they are delicious!
- What’s a Labor Day celebration without a patriotic dessert? This Pull-Apart Cookie Flag is so easy to make—it takes the labor out of Labor Day!
How will you be celebrating Labor Day and enjoying the final days of summer?