Innovative Meal Ideas and Recipes in Honor of June Dairy Month
June is Dairy Month and we’re continuing to celebrate the innovative possibilities the dairy aisle has to offer! Whether you stick to the staples or enjoy trying out creative new products, you won’t run out of meals ideas and recipes to test in your kitchen.
The dairy aisle is full of refrigerator favorites and endless answers of what to make for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and/or dessert. Check out these fundamental ingredients and inventive recipes you may not have thought of!
Greek yogurt is strained to remove whey and requires three times the amount of milk to produce than with regular yogurt.
- Cool down on a hot summer day with Banana Frocho Pops – 5 minutes to make and all day to enjoy!
- Greek yogurt makes an excellent base to thicken soup – try Chicken and White Bean Chili served alongside rolls or garlic bread for a quick mealtime solution.
- Serve Mediterranean Fish Tacos with a crema sauce and fruit salsa for a light and summery lunch idea.
- Tacos can be sweet too! Assemble Fruit Pancake Tacos in colorful paper carton holders for a cute look.
- It’s peach season and what could say summer more than Grilled Peaches with Cottage Cheese?!
- This no-fuss recipe for Stuffed Shells will have you on your way to an Italian dinner in no time at all!
- Did you know you can make pancakes with cottage cheese? Try it for breakfast with these Cottage Style Pancakes!
- Whiten up a classic fave with Chicken Alfredo Lasagna full of creamy layers.
Egg whites contain water and proteins but with almost no fat and little carbohydrates.
- Mugs aren’t just for coffee or hot chocolate– who knew you could make Mug French Toast in your favorite mug?!
- Don’t have your favorite dressing on hand? Try making a quick dressing using egg whites for this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad!
- Elegant and delicious, French Macarons are perfect for a sweet, afternoon treat.
- Fire up the grill and get cookin’ with these Grilled Mini Turkey Taco Patties!
- Top Banana-Chocolate Bread Pudding with a warm, fruity sauce, powdered sugar or whipped topping for brunch or as a decadent dessert!
- Serve the whole family (and then some) with this Sausage and Pepper Crustless Quiche.
- Bake your own doughnuts at home with Baked Doughnuts with Almond Breeze – and have fun making your own glaze and adding toppings!
- For all those avocado lovers, cool down with this summery Chilled Avocado Soup.
- Instead of your typical dessert cobbler, try this savory recipe for Black Bean and Cornbread Cobbler.
- These mini Crispy Cheddar Mashed Potato Puffs will be the star of any party – top with sour cream and chives for a finishing touch!
- Instead of your typical biscuits or dinner rolls, give Black Pepper Mozzarella Biscuits a whirl!
- Take your favorite soup and make a sammie out of it with French Onion Grilled Cheese.
What dairy aisle products are you excited to try in your next recipe? Share with us in the comments below!