Indulge Yourself in National Cheesecake Day
No matter how you slice it, people around the world have a passion for cheesecake! Originating on the Greek island of Samos, simple ingredients like flour, wheat, honey and cheese, combined to make a cheesecake that was even served as a wedding cake. The Greeks considered cheesecake to be a good source of energy, and there is evidence that it was served to athletes during the first Olympic games in 776 B.C. With such a glowing endorsement, it’s no wonder we’re celebrating National Cheesecake Day!
Although cheesecake is popular in many countries, the flavors and textures vary greatly. Try one or all of these restaurant-worthy cheesecake dishes. There is sure to be a cheesecake for every taste.
- As impressive as it is tasty, Orange Cheesecake Recipe with Fresh Berries will wow your family and guests.
- Small in size but big in bright flavors, Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bites make certain you don’t over-indulge.
- Two favorite desserts, cheesecake and ice cream, combine to make Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake a very cool treat.
- Satisfy your sweet-tooth with a Praline Cheesecake that’s sure become a favorite.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect ending to any special meal.
One of these infinite variations on the traditional round cheesecake will satisfy any craving.
- It’s not a party without dip…Cheesecake Dip that is! Smooth, creamy, simple and oh so dippable.
- Can’t decide which is your favorite, brownies or cheesecake? Now you don’t have to with these easy to make Brownie Cheesecake Bars.
- Have your cheesecake and drink it too with this Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake.
- No Bake Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake Parfait lets you get all your favorite flavors without heating up the oven.
- When you want all the taste without the calories, try Cherry Cheesecake Yoplait Whips fluffy yogurt mousse.
Want the homemade taste without all the work? It’s as close as your nearest grocer’s frozen food aisle.
- If you’re short on time, Crispy Cheesecake Squares start with a store-bought cheesecake with a fancy home-made twist.
- Make any day feel like a celebration when you serve this easy Birthday Cake Cheesecake.
- Individual New York Cheesecake Slices let you enjoy your dessert just the way you like it – unadorned or with your favorite topping.
- French Strawberry Cheesecake combines a velvety whipped texture with juicy strawberries and an oatmeal crumb crust that will make your family drool.
Whether you head to the kitchen or the store for this delectable dessert, treat yourself to a slice of creamy goodness this National Cheesecake Day! Tell us how you will celebrate in the comments below.