How to Keep Stocked for Office Lunches throughout the Week
During the work week, lunch all too often gets passed by and turns into a drab meal. We’re here to tell you that office lunches don’t have to be a pain to prepare or lackluster in flavor. Turn to the fridge and freezer for ready-to-eat meals and ingredients to keep stocked for the full week. For some lunch inspiration see below for must-have ingredients to keep on-hand.
Multipurpose ingredients to keep stocked at your desk for added flavor or last-minute meals:
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Nut butter
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Frozen grains (rice, quinoa, etc.)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sliced almonds
- Pierogies: We love Mrs. T’s Pierogies for a quick restaurant-worthy meal—try this Italian Green Bean and Pierogy Salad.
- Veggie and grain medley: To stay on the healthy track, try Birds Eye’s Protein Blends in Southwest Style— it has a kick of flavor to add flare to any boring lunch dish.
- Potatoes: Whip up these amazingly easy Cheesy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes as a quick side dish.
- Pizza: Red Baron’s Deep Dish Mini Pizzas are great for an office lunch because they just need to be heated, then enjoyed!
- Burritos: Need to head to an off-site meeting? Heat up an Organic Bean & Cheese Burrito to eat on the way.
- Potstickers: InnovAsian’s Chicken Potstickers are the perfect bite, but also can be assembled with a side of veggies or rice for a well-balanced lunch.
- Turkey burgers: You don’t need a grill to have a good burger! Cook a Respect Foods’ Turkey Burgers and pair with a salad or chips for a delicious lunch.
- Ethnic Entrées: Put down the menu—Saffron Road’s Chicken Pad Thai is way better than take-out!
- Sandwiches: Craving breakfast? Bring Jimmy Dean’s Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches to work and you can enjoy a portable brunch.
- Chicken breast fillets: Jazz up plain ole’ chicken and make Avocado Chicken Salad.
What are your favorite products to pack for office lunches? Share with us in the comments below!