Healthy Snacking: Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls
Did you know that February marks National Snack Food Month? We’ve mentioned before how snacking has become increasingly popular the last couple of years due to busier lifestyles, leading people to replace meals with more light and convenient snacking options. While many people enjoy salty and savory snacks, one of our favorite snacks is sweet and filled with nutritional goodness. Smoothies and smoothie bowls are the perfect convenient and anytime snack, and the possibilities are endless!
What we love most about smoothies is that they’re convenient and can be taken on-the-go. And when you use frozen fruit instead of fresh, it’s always in season and the washing, chopping, slicing and peeling is already done for you! We can’t get enough of these oh-so-tasty smoothie recipes:
- Curb your sweet tooth with this Blueberry Smoothie, packed full of antioxidants.
- A touch of sweetness with a little bit of tart, blend up a Cranberry Smoothie.
- Start with orange juice + grapefruit juice to make this refreshing Pink Smoothie Deluxe.
- In the mood for pie? Satisfy those cravings with a Key Lime Pie Smoothie!
- Skip the ice cream while you watch your evening TV shows and whip up this Creamy Peach Smoothie!
- With only four simple ingredients, this Tropical Smoothie recipe is perfect for that mid-day sugar craving.
- Enjoy your favorite winter-time beverage any time of the year with this Frozen Hot Chocolate Smoothie recipe.
- This tangy Cherry Lime Smoothie will surely become your new favorite smoothie!
- Get your strawberry fix with this Strawberry Matcha Smoothie using frozen strawberries.
While we’ve always been a huge fan of smoothies, we’re totally getting on board the smoothie bowl bandwagon. We love the endless ways you can customize them, and did we mention how beautiful they look?! We like to think of smoothie bowls as a healthy ice cream sundae, minus the ice cream of course 😉 .
- Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, whip together this Cherry Pomegranate Smoothie Bowl.
- A snack you can feel good about, enjoy a Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl with your favorite add-ins.
- Feeling sluggish? Make a Mocha Banana Protein Smoothie Bowl to get you through the long work day.
- Packed with probiotics, this Happy Belly Smoothie Bowl will have you feeling great!
- Not getting enough greens in your diet? With this scrumptious Green Smoothie Bowl, you won’t even know you’re eating them!
- Skip the apple pie and instead indulge in this Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl made with all-natural ingredients!
- Enjoy this nutriented-filled Summer Superfood Smoothie Bowl using frozen fruits any time of the year!
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Have you ever tried a smoothie bowl? Share your own smoothie and smoothie bowl concoctions in the comments below!