Go Crazy Over These Crescent Roll Recipes
Crescent rolls are a staple at nearly every family holiday, but there’s no reason you shouldn’t include them in your every day meals! From breakfast to dinner and all the snacking in between, we have you covered with some of our favorite crescent roll recipes!
Before we rush you to the kitchen, we have to ask… do you know where crescent rolls came from? Originating in the thirteenth century, these flaky, buttery rolls are an adaptation and variation of a puff pastry. Also, as much as we enjoy these treats in America, they actually date back hundreds of years to Austria. After its creation, the crescent roll was used to celebrate many cultural traditions, specifically the the defeat of the Ummayyad forces by the Franks in the Battle of Tours in the year 732.
Luckily for everyone, instead of making crescent rolls from scratch, all you have to do is head to the dairy aisle! Whether enjoyed as is with butter, jam or other toppings or baked into a recipe, the crescent roll options are endless!
- We bet you didn’t know you could make homemade donuts using crescent rolls, like these Strawberry Rhubarb Glazed Donuts!
- Wake the whole house up with this simple Breakfast Casserole that you can even make the night before and just warm up in the morning.
- We won’t tell anyone you’re having dessert for breakfast with these irresistible Apple Pie Bites!
- Delight your family with these scrumptious Ginger-Macadamia Breakfast Rolls.
- Kick up the flavor at your next family dinner with a Chipotle Chicken Braid.
- Pull Apart Bread with Chorizo Queso is such a fun dinner for families with many hands!
- As if an Italian sub couldn’t get any better, Mr. Food Test Kitchen created this Layered Italian Crescent Ring!
- Ditch the meat on this Fresh Tomato Flatbread for a Meatless Monday (or any day of the week) dinner.
- It’s all the flavor of a loaded hot dog without all of the mess in a Chili Cheese Dog Ring!
- Taco Tuesday is just as delicious in a crescent bottom Taco Pie.
- Turn your favorite summer grill food into a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring!
- Imitate your favorite cheesy bread at home with this recipe for Cheesy Garlic Crescents.
- If you like pigs in the blanket, then you’ll love these Mini Reuben Pigs in a Blanket!
- Broccoli, Cream Cheese and Jalepeño Pinwheels are a hot way to make your next get-together a little more spicy.
- If you’re a fan of veggies then these Mushroom and Spinach Tartlets are just for you.
- Mini Calzones are the perfect snack-sized option for a flavorful favorite!
- Who doesn’t love bacon? Feed your crowd Crescent Bacon-Cheese Tartlets.
Last but certainly not least, end the night with something sweet:
- Enjoy dessert guilt-free with this Rainbow Fruit Pizza!
- Oreo cookies are amazing on their own, but these Oreo-Stuffed Crescents are to die for!
- These Mexican Chocolate Crescents are what dreams are made of!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy crescent rolls? Share your recipes and ideas in the comments below!