Go Beyond the Cocktail for National Shrimp Day!
Today we celebrate yet another food holiday, and this time it’s all about shrimp—it’s National Shrimp Day! In case you didn’t know, here are some stats about shrimp: they are a lean source of protein, they have some omega 3-fats, and of course, are conveniently found in the freezer aisle—just as fresh as fresh.
Since it’s now the start of grilling season, we’re definitely craving a nice plate of grilled shrimp. But, shrimp can also be prepared in a variety of ways to hit on just about every flavor trend, from sweet to savory and everything in between. Check out the most convenient frozen shrimp products and delicious recipes below.
Frozen shrimp products to try:
– Margaritaville Foods
– Tampa Maid
- New twist on an old classic: Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Handheld hors d’oeuvre: Shrimp Cheese Crisps
- Simple and satisfying: Shrimp Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- Sweet and spicy: Jerk Shrimp and Grilled Pineapple
- Pure comfort food: Sunset Shrimp and Grits
- Fresh and flavorful: Shrimp Scampi Ceviche
- Quick and easy meal: Spring Shrimp Spaghetti
- Tasty appetizer or snack: Southwestern Popcorn Shrimp Dip
- Mexican fiesta: Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Family-favorite weeknight meal: Weeknight Shrimp Pad Thai
What’s your favorite way to enjoy shrimp? Share your recipes and ideas in the comments below!