Get Grillin’ for National Hamburger Day
Perfectly timed with the beginning of grilling season, today is National Hamburger Day and May is actually National Burger Month! What’s not to love about a juicy, grilled burger and all of the quintessential BBQ fare—potato salad, corn on the cob, dips—you name it! In celebration of this glorious culinary holiday and start of a great food season, here are some fun facts about everyone’s favorite meaty sandwich.
- Nearly 50 billion burgers are eaten in America each year. That’s three burgers a week for every person in the U.S.!
- Burgers account for 40 percent of all sandwiches sold in the U.S.
Don’t settle for boring, try these fun toppings and combinations for your next burger:
– Marinara sauce + mozzarella cheese = zesty pizza burger
– Pesto sauce adds beautiful color and unique flavor to your burger
– Feta + tzatziki sauce = Greek burger
– If you love onions, try caramelized onions on your burger for a sweet twist
– Bacon + onion rings + barbecue sauce = smoky, sweet and a little bit salty
– While French fries often accompany hamburgers, for added crunch try topping your burger with French fries, tater tots or potato wedges
– Macaroni and cheese topped burgers makes for the ultimate cheesy explosion in your mouth
- Customizable and simply made, Salsa Burgers can go from mild to extra spicy, depending on preference.
- Pass around perfectly portioned Sliders that are great for kids as well as adults and build them any way you want.
- Why not try something new? Your family won’t believe what they’re biting into with these Hamburger Filled Buns using frozen rolls.
- Skip the buns and make your hamburger with steamed vegetables and potatoes instead. Switch it up with this Crescent-Topped Burger Bake.
- Keep things spicy next time you’re grilling with these tasty Taco Burgers—don’t forget the salsa and guac!
- Serve your burgers with an extra surprise inside with these French Onion Stuffed Burgers—yum!
- You can’t go wrong with anything bite-sized! Turn your burgers into tasty appetizers with these Red & White Phyllo Burger Bites.
What’s your FAVORITE type of burger to grill during the summer? Let us know in the comments below!