Get Cozy with your Favorite Comfort Foods
Whether it’s to chase away the winter blues or bring back memories of childhood, we are a nation that loves to indulge in comfort foods. Why? Oxford dictionary added a definition for “comfort food” in 1997. They are foods that provide a sense of well-being and are associated with childhood or home-cooking. No matter what foods say “comfort” to you, we’ve rounded up some hearty and classic recipes that are sure to hit the spot.
- The creamy cheesiness of this Cheddar Broccoli Soup is sure to warm your soul.
- There’s nothing like an Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup with thick egg noodles, tender vegetables and rich chicken broth when you’re feeling under-the-weather.
- The tender chicken, mixed veggies, pasta in a savory broth in Chicken Minestrone Soup is a real meal in one pot.
- This Easy Tuna Casserole is quick to whip up on a busy weeknight when you’re craving a taste of childhood.
- Create a new, easy family favorite with this Chicken, Potato and Cheese Casserole.
- Grands Green Bean Casserole gives you two great side dishes in one.
- Don’t let your comfort craving ruin your diet. Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese is a healthier version with all the great taste.
- Switch up pasta night with an all-in-one Spaghetti-Meatball Pie.
- Warm and bubbly Baked Penne with Ricotta and Mozzarella makes a hearty meal that’s ready in a flash.
- Muffin Pan Pizzas are a fun take on everyone’s favorite that even the kids can make.
- There’s double the meat in this Meat Lover’s Pizza Bake – a hearty and easy pizza casserole the whole family will rave about.
- Add a little Mexican flair to your next game-day snack with these Mini Pizza Dillas.
- Change up a classic meal with a cheesy center and a spicy sauce in this Chipotle Drizzled Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf.
- Unique flavors combine in this Wild Stuffed Peppers recipe for just the right amount of savory taste.
- Phyllo Chicken Pot Pie gives your traditional pot pie a makeover using a flaky phyllo dough instead of a crust.
What’s your favorite comfort food to chase away the winter blues? Share in the comments below.