Fantastic Fourth of July Festivities
There’s something special about festivities that happen around the Fourth of July. This season, our wish list includes an outdoor gathering that’s convenient, stress-free, kid-friendly…and of course includes stars, stripes and the red, white and blue! Even though we’re all familiar with the holiday activities that take place on this day, the current Fourth of July festivities look slightly different than they did back in 1776. That year, the first-ever major celebration in Philadelphia included some of the celebratory events we’re all accustomed to, in addition to a thirteen-shot cannon salute. But, we still are very much in tune with the annual traditions of parades, fireworks and customary cook-outs.
Since this day serves double-duty as a national holiday and culinary celebration of our favorite summertime treats, what better way to keep with the traditions than chowing down on some mouthwatering dishes? Here are our top five patriotic-inspired recipes and products to serve for every July Fourth occasion:
- Prepare a fantastic Fourth of July dish and make All-American Steakburgers that are tangy, cheesy and full of flavor!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris pair nicely with any kind of grilling fare! Mix it up without the alcohol and you have a fun and refreshing beverage for the youngsters!
- Soak up the sun with an all-American classic— the flavors of cherry, lime and blue raspberry all roll into one to become The Original Bomb Pop, aka everyone’s go-to ice cream truck pick.
- These Red, White & Blue Berry Tartlets are simple to make, individually portioned and perfectly-portable for packing in the cooler.
- Inspired by a party-worthy dessert, the ever-popular Cookie Pizza can be assembled ahead of time and then sliced just in time for the fireworks to begin.
How are you showing your red, white and blue pride this season? Let us know in the comments section – and happy Fourth!