Enjoy All Things Irish & Green for St. Patrick’s Day!
March 17 marks St. Patrick’s Day! Saint Patrick’s Day originally was a religious feast day for the patron saint of Ireland. The Irish have observed this day as a religious holiday for over 1,000 years. It has become an international festival celebrating the culture of Ireland. Surprisingly, the first parade held to honor St. Patrick’s Day took place not in Ireland but in the U.S.– in New York City. Out of anywhere in the world, NYC even beats out Ireland themselves for the biggest St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Stay on track with your your health goals while celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with these delicious green smoothie recipes:
- Kick-off your St. Patrick’s Day festivities with a delicious Matcha Green Tea Smoothie for breakfast!
- Get the taste of summer while being festive for Saint Paddy’s with this Easy Tropical Green Smoothie!
- Pack two celebrations into one with this Go Green Smoothie—March Frozen Food Month and St. Patrick’s Day!
- Start your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with these Breakfast-Time Potato Pancakes!
- Make your own version of this popular milkshake with this Shamrock Shake recipe!
- Taste the Irish tradition in this rich Bit-of-Irish Cheesecake.
- Searching for the gold at the end of the rainbow? These End-of-the-Rainbow Cookie Parfaits are super cute and festive!
- Keep things traditional with this Irish Soda Bread using this surprising ingredient.
- Perfect for the kids at your St. Paddy’s party—these Chocolate Mint Parfaits are adorable and yummy!
- Cooking a St. Paddy’s feast? Make this 30-Minute Irish Skillet so you can get on with the celebrations.
- These Irish Cream Cupcakes are better than the gold at the end of the rainbow!
Don’t have time to prepare an exquisite green dish for St. Patrick’s Day? Head to your local freezer and dairy aisles and find some green side dishes, snacks and desserts:
- Scoop a bowl of this decadent Breyer’s Oreo Cookies and Mint Ice Cream.
- Enjoy a refreshing Luigi’s Green Apple Italian Ice.
- Bake up these Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Veggie Tots for a green-tastic side dish.
- Pack your kiddos’ lunches with these Lemon-Lime Jell-O cups.
- Steam up Birds Eye Edamame for a snack or side dish.
- Finish the St. Paddy’s celebrations with a slice of Edwards Key Lime Pie.
How will you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Share with us in the comments below!