End the Year with these Hanukkah and Christmas Menu Ideas
The year 2016 has flown by and all of a sudden the winter holidays are here! Tomorrow Hanukkah begins and it’s also Christmas Eve. Whether you’re cozying up at home or hitting the road for your relatives’ house, there’s sure to be some good eats. No matter what occasions you and your family celebrate, check out these simply delicious recipes for some holiday inspiration!
Hanukkah begins tomorrow through the evening of January 1st. See if you know these traditional dishes and give these innovative recipes a whirl:
Rugelach is a pastry made with cream cheese dough that is rolled around a filling and baked. Such fillings can include nuts, jam or chocolate.
- This classic Hanukkah Rugelach recipe will be so worth the wait!
- Calling all pumpkin fanatics! Here’s the Pumpkin Ginger Rugelach recipe for you!
- Almond Spice Rugelach are the perfect buttery pastries for your holiday meal.
Latkes, common in Jewish cooking, are pancakes made of grated potato.
- Gather the kids and set up this Mini Potato Pancake Bar with 3 Kinds of Sour Cream Toppings for a fun afternoon activity!
- These sweet Potato-Apple Latkes are a great addition to your Hanukkah spread.
- Keep it simple with these traditional Potato Latkes – top with applesauce, sour cream or any topping of your choice!
Matzo or matzoh is a thin, crisp bread or cracker eaten by Jews during Passover and other holidays.
- Matzo Toffee Candy adds the perfect crunch for your dessert treat menu!
- Many have heard of Matzo Ball Soup – the broth in this delicious recipe can even be made days before to save time!
- Get your daily serving of veggies with this Matzo Ball & Vegetable Soup.
Kugel, a sweet or savory pudding of noodles, has a rich history (read more about it here) and the side has evolved from a Sabbath lunch dish to a versatile side dish for any occasion!
- This Noodle Kugel, served like a casserole, can be prepared in advanced and popped in the oven once you’re ready!
- Quite the kugel fan? Try this Pineapple Noodle Pudding for a tropical spin on your fave dish!
- For a dessert-like kugel, Caramel Apple Noodle Kugel is the answer.
If you haven’t already, fill your Christmas menu with these classic entrees and recipes that’ll please any guest!
- This Orange Glazed Baked Ham has just the right amount of citrusy flavor with an added honey mustard sauce.
- Or if you prefer turkey, Orange Herb Roasted Turkey is just the right recipe for you!
- You really can’t go wrong with this Pecan Coated Chicken with Mustard Sour Cream Sauce.
- Save time so you can focus on dessert by making this Lasagna with Meat Sauce – tastes just like it’s homemade! Pair with Garlic, Cheddar, Five Cheese or Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Garlic Bread to complete your meal.
- Instead of bread crumbs, Savory Fruited Stuffing uses English muffins!
- Your guests will gobble up with Cheese, Ham & Olive Swirls in no time at all.
- Add these elegant and decorate Phyllo Crown for Sweet Potato Casserole.
- Brussel Sprouts are all the rage – and this Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnut Butter recipe will not disappoint!
- Because we can’t forget dessert with these Holiday Honey Melt Sugar Cookies.
- This isn’t your typical fruit cake – Christmas Fruit Cake with the colors of the season!
- These light Whole Wheat Almondmilk Nog Doughnuts are sprinkled with powdered sugar and great for Christmas morning.
- Have some fun decorating these Gingerbread Christmas Stockings!
What essentials are on your Christmas and Hanukkah menus? Share in the comments below!