Cooking with the Colors of Fall Foliage
Fall is a wonderful time to explore the rainbow of seasonal foods that are red, orange, brown and yellow! From pumpkins and sweet potatoes to squash and apples, there are so many great (and colorful) fall produce to cook and bake with this season.
- Start your day with these Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes.
- Whether for lunch or dinner, this Jack O’ Lantern Soup is sure to please!
- This Pumpkin Spice Fluff Dip is so cute served out of a pumpkin and don’t forger the ginger snap cookies for dipping!
- If you’re craving something pumpkin other than pie, then try Pumpkin Monkey Bread!
- What could be better than these Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Bowls for dessert?!
Often confused with yams, sweet potatoes are well known for their bright orange-colored flesh. To save time peeling, you can buy sweet potato mashed potatoes in the dairy aisle and sweet potato fries in the frozen food aisle!
- If loving twice-baked sweet potatoes is wrong, we don’t want to be right! Serve up these Sweet Potatoes with Apples for a holiday side dish!
- This Harvest Vegetable Salad is great for a light lunch or dinner (especially before trick-or-treating!)
- Whip together this holiday favorite, Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Pie in less than 10 minutes!
- These Cinnamon Scented Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are so yummy, you may not know whether they’re a side dish or dessert!
- Life’s short eat dessert first, like these delish Vanilla Apple Tarts!
- Need a quick lunch or dinner this fall? Heat up an Organic Apple Coconut Curry Burrito.
- This seasonal Apple Waldorf Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Our mouths are watering over this warm Apple Crumble.
- As if pie wasn’t already tasty, these Hot Apple Pie Parfaits are an amazing fall dessert!
- A bowl of Simmering Cinnamon Pears is sure to warm you up and awaken your senses!
- Start your day with a warm slice of Glazed Pear Bread slathered with butter—you’re welcome!
- If you like the combination of apples and cheese, then you’ll love these Cheese and Pear Sandwiches!
- This Pear, Pecan & Parmesan Salad makes for a delightfully seasonal lunch or dinner.
Winter squash are picked in the autumn and stored until spring. Some popular varieties are acorn, butternut and spaghetti.
- Kick off your morning with tasty Baked Eggs in Acorn Squash.
- Soup just screams fall, especially this Butternut Squash Soup.
- Put a new spin on a classic dish with Baked Spaghetti Squash!
- This Acorn Squash with Savory Pork is almost too adorable to eat, almost!
- If you’re a fan of pumpkin rolls, then you should definitely give Butternut Squash Rolls a shot!
What’s your favorite fall fruit or veggie to cook or bake with? Share your favorite fall recipes with us in the comments below!