Cook up these Hot Food Trends of 2017
Tired of serving the same old meals week after week? Get out of your recipe rut and makeover your meal plan this year. Food experts are predicting the hot menu items that will show up in restaurants this year. With our tasty recipes, you can try cooking up some of these fun food trends on your own.
Flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East are becoming mainstream. Look for ethnic and global dishes with a contemporary twist to be popular menu items in 2017, but you can make these easy recipes at home.
- Shake things up with a Vegetable Shakshuka which means “a mixture” in Egyptian and Tunisian Arabic. Today this poached egg and vegetable dish is popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
- Skip the deep-frying with a Baked Falafel that has these chickpea patties bursting with the fresh flavors of mint, garlic and lemon.
- When you need a quick fix, this Beef Bulgogi entrée has fire-grilled sirloin marinated in authentic Bulgogi sauce and served over a mixture of veggies and hearty brown rice.
- Traditional shawarma is made from meat roasted on a spit. This shortcut Shawarma Chicken Pita will give you all the flavor without all the work.
In today’s fast-paced world, breakfast sandwiches and other on-the-go options are hot, and they don’t have to be just for breakfast anymore.
- Kickstart your morning with a blend of juicy mangos, earthy beets and tasty berries that come together in a flash when you add your favorite juice or yogurt to this Mango Beet Berry Smoothie
- Crunched for time? Get up and go with a tasty heat-and-eat multigrain Ham, Egg and Pepper Jack Cheese Flatbread.
- Mini Potato Quiches are a fun way to serve up this favorite any time of day.Packed with eggs, sausage and cheese, this Breakfast for Dinner Grilled Cheese will satisfy your comfort craving morning or night.
- An Easy Vegetarian Vegetable Melt goes together in minutes and has endless variations for a different taste every time.
- You don’t have to give up the best of comfort foods with an easy Vegetarian Sloppy Joe made with recipe-ready veggie crumbles.
- For gourmet taste with little effort, Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes are an easy make-ahead dish for lunch or dinner.
- Don’t bother with take out when you can make a Fire-Roasted Vegetable Pizza at home in less than 30 minutes.
If you’re lactose intolerant or looking to go dairy-free, this is your year. Expect to see dairy-free cheese alternatives and nut-milks on the rise.
- Nothing warms you up better than a bowl of soup. This Thai Cauliflower Soup offers a creamy dairy-free alternative.
- New Chocolate MELT Organic spread combines rich organic cocoa with wildflower honey. Whether spread, dipped, spooned or baked, its chocolate creaminess and versatility will delight.
- Cashewmilk brings an irresistibly creamy taste to this recipe for Creamy Cashew Curry. Serve over rice for a bowl full of yum!
- This Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes lets you enjoy the comfort of white sauce over pasta without dairy.
What new recipes and products are you planning to try out this year? Tell us in the comments below.