Classic and Patriotic for the Fourth of July
From fireworks, festivals, picnics to parades, this weekend Americans celebrated the Fourth of July. No matter what type of event you chose to attend on Independence Day, we can all agree that this holiday is synonymous with peak grilling season (and of course red, white and blue!). Last year alone, Americans ate about 150 million hot dogs during the holiday weekend—what a way to celebrate the nation’s birthday!
While hot dogs and burgers are the traditional foods to eat at 4th of July and summer cookouts, you can make any party more memorable by adding a few new recipes to your menu. We’ve got you covered with versatile appetizers, classic entrées and star-spangled desserts to prepare for a night spent gazing at fireworks!
- Pesto Deviled Eggs: Elegant and classic, pack these bite-size goodies in the cooler to bring along to the fireworks.
- Festive Crostini Antipasti: Completely customizable with yogurt toppings, these are perfect bites to pass around as appetizers while lounging on a picnic blanket.
- Baked Crab and Cheese Wonton Cups: Amaze the guests at your Independence Day bash with these delicious appetizers!
- Crescent Corn Dogs: Get creative with hot dogs and roll them into corn dogs made with refrigerated biscuit dough and dunked in ketchup and mustard.
- Southwest Caesar Burgers: if you love Caesar salad and the spices of the southwest, then these colorful burgers are right up your alley!
- Barbecued Chicken Skewers: Fire up the grill for these chicken skewers that can go with just about any vegetable or even fruit (try pineapple).
- Greek Salad Fish Pitas: Who doesn’t love fish sticks? These portable sandwiches are great when you have a drink in the other hand!
- Firecracker Bites: Adorable and delicious, these are bursting with creamy decadence (cream cheese, pudding and whipped topping).
- Patriotic Blueberry Pie Parfait: Made easy and quickly with three, frozen items—frozen pie, ice cream and whipped topping—just add a hint of red and you’re ready to go!
- Red, White and Blue Brownie Berry Trifle: Dazzle your dessert table with this fruity and chocolate-ty trifle!
- Mixed Berry Baskets: Create cute baskets using frozen puff pastry shells for this berry-good dessert!
How did you celebrate the nation’s birthday—BBQ, picnic, neighborhood parade or pool party?