Cheers to National Potato Month!
There’s so much to love about the month of September, especially since it just so happens to be National Potato Month! The average American eats about 124 pounds of potatoes per year, while Germans eat about twice as much. Today, potatoes are grown in all 50 states of the U.S. and in about 125 countries throughout the world.
In fact, every year enough potatoes are grown worldwide to cover a four-lane motorway circling the world six times. That’s a lot of potatoes! Potatoes are the world’s fourth food staple – after wheat, corn and rice.
There are countless varieties of potatoes, from red to sweet and russet to blue/purple. Along with that, there are numerous ways potatoes can be enjoyed:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Save yourself loads of time from peeling, dicing, cooking and mashing your potatoes with Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes – in traditional, garlic, sour cream & chive and sweet mashed!
- Add to your favorite meal with a side dish of Butter ‘N’ Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Ready for a family night in? Enjoy a delicious Mashed Potato Casserole for dinner!
- Easy Sheppard’s Pie is a delicious, all-in-one meal made easy with refrigerated potatoes.
- Serve the kiddos Mashed Potato Bites: Four Cheese for a fun, finger-food side!
- Serve your dinner on a bed of buttery mashed potatoes in this All-in-One Pork Chop Dinner.
- Hash Browns
- Whether you’re in the mood for regular hash browns, southwest style, O’Brien style or garlic & herb flavored, Simply Potatoes has you covered with fresh, pre-shredded potatoes that go from the fridge to fork in minutes.
- For diced hash browns or hash brown patties, Ore-Ida frozen hash browns are another great option to make breakfast a breeze!
- Have your girlfriends over for drinks and appetizers with these Loaded Potato Cocktail Bites.
- Southwest Potato Pancakes are a tasty spin on breakfast!
- Make less dishes and more memories when you serve Chicken and Broccoli Hotdish to your family.
- Diced, Sliced & Cubed
- Save time dicing and slicing your potatoes with Simply Potatoes in regular diced, diced with onions, diced sweet potatoes, steakhouse seasoned diced and home-style slices.
- Everyone loves bacon. Add some to your dinner spread in this sweet and savory Candied Bacon Roasted Sweet Potatoes dish!
- Spend less time making dinner and more time with the family with this Spinach Potato Bake.
- Cheddar and Bacon Potato Salad is the perfect bring-along for all your game day needs.
- Cold weather is approaching, get ready with this recipe for Potato Leek Soup.
- These Parmesan Potatoes make for a cheesy-licious side dish!
- French Fries, Wedges & Tater Tots
- Whether you’re craving classic crinkle-cut fries, steak fries, shoestrings, curly fries, waffle fries or any other kind of French fry – Ore-Ida has you covered!
- Sweet potato fries have become all the rage over the years. We just love Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt and their Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Seasoning!
- Step up your French fry game with these Alexia Seasoned Waffle Fries.
- We’re obsessed with tater tots – whether it’s Ore-Ida crispy crowns or tater tots that are also available in extra crispy and mini-sized varieties.
- Pick up fresh Simply Potatoes Red Potato Wedges from the dairy aisle that are ready to be baked or used in a variety of dishes!
- Serve your fries with a side of Idaho Fry Sauce for dipping.
- Transform your sweet, southern sandwich into Sweet Potato Pulled Pork Sliders for a mouth-watering meal minus the bun.
- If you like spicy chili, these Kickin’ Chili Fries will satisfy your flavor cravings!
- Add a kick of flavor to your meal with Cajun Potato Wedges.
- It’s a casserole version of crab dip – Tater Tots Potato-Crab Melt. Yum!
- Add some “Yah mon!” to your palette with Jamaica-Style Pork Totchos.
- Baked Potatoes
- Whether nuked in the microwave, thrown on the grill in aluminium foil packets or baked in the oven, we’re suckers for baked potatoes. Top with butter and sour cream and we’re all over that!
- Combine two of your favorite foods in these mouthwatering Taco-Stuffed Baked Potatoes!
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes are a scrumptious way to trade russet potatoes for sweet potatoes!
- If you like broccoli and cheese, then you’ll love these Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes.
- Switch up your potato side dish with a cup of Baked Potato Soup.
What’s your favorite way to eat potatoes? Share with us in the comments below! Happy Potato Month 🙂