Celebrate Pi(e) Day with a Slice
Does a pie-a-day keep the doctor away? Doubtful, but a slice of apple pie still counts when adding up your daily servings of fruit.
Even though a daily dose of pie would definitely not be approved by a doctor, National Pi(e) Day is the perfect opportunity to indulge in a slice of your favorite – will it be apple or French silk? When you’re short on time, and need to fulfill your pie craving, a stroll down your grocer’s freezer aisle presents you with dozens of options ready for your table – fruit, chocolate, custard-filled, cream-filled, meringue, nuts, traditional flavors and many more. And, don’t be afraid to add your own personal twist to your frozen pie and make it your own!
We are here to make your Pi(e) Day that much easier and oh so much better, so we have crafted a must-have list for you to take a bite of:
- You can’t go wrong with the all-American classic: serve Apple Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
- For the one who likes their flaky, buttery crust with a side of fruit: Try Fresh Strawberry Pie or Peach Pie with Very Berry Sorbet and get your daily dose of Vitamin C, Potassium and Fiber in addition to your favorite fillings.
- To all the chocoholics out there: get your chocolate fix with a refreshing Peppermint Pie, or an extra creamy Turtle Crème Pie or Cookies and Crème Pie.
- Craving a rich and luscious custard-cream filled pie? Look no further than a Banana Cream Pie.
- For a burst of tart and a bit of tang, pick up a Lemon Meringue Crème Pie.
- Feeling nutty? Bake yourself a Frozen Pistachio Pie and wow your guests with a deliciously green-hued pie just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Longing for the holiday season? Even though it is only March, don’t let that stop you from baking up a Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Sauce.
Once you choose your pie, the next step is to choose a topping – ice cream or sauce? You can never go wrong with ice cream or whipped cream topping, but if you are feeling adventurous, try your hand at a caramel sauce topper or a berry glaze using frozen berries.
While Pi(e) Day is here, make every perfect bite count! What’s your favorite slice?