Celebrate National Pizza Month the Right Way
Happy National Pizza Month! There’s no question that pizza is one of the most popular foods in America. How can you not love its cheesy goodness with savory toppings piled on high? The stats are there to prove its popularity. Did you know that each person eats an average of 46 slices of pizza a year? That may seem like a lot, but consider it less than a slice a week, which seems totally sensible (right?!). There are over 70,000 pizzerias in the United States, with 9,000 in New York State alone! With an impossible number of topping, cheese and sauce combinations to count, there’s no reason to not find a flavor you love.
Whether you like it plain, pepperoni-covered or with exotic toppings, there’s a pizza in the frozen food aisle for you! Get to your nearest grocery store now to stock up on these delicious pizza products for National Pizza Month:
- Freschetta’s Artisan Crust Pepperoni Pizza is made with a delicious blend of three whole grains and topped with 100% real mozzarella and provolone cheeses and pepperoni slices – or go for good ol’ cheese with Brick Oven Crust 5 Italian Cheese Pizza.
- For those looking for a Mediterranean flair, try American Flatbread’s Ionian Awakening Pizza, covered in homemade tomato sauce with Mozzarella, Asiago and Feta cheeses alongside red onion and Kalamata olives.
- With varieties like Meatball, Vegetable, Suprema and Sausage & Pepperoni, Celeste’s Pizza for One flavors will cover your lunch or snack-time needs.
- Calling all Bacon Lovers: try Red Baron’s Thin & Crispy Crust Bacon Lover’s Pizza – a trio of bacon spread over a thin and crispy crust.
- Pop Totino’s Sausage Party Pizza in the oven and you’ve got yourself a game day snack your friends will love (even if they don’t love the score on the screen!)
You’ll even want to check out these Flavor Pairings from the California Pizza Kitchen – just add one or two (or all!) of these ingredient suggestions to your favorite frozen pizza to kick it up a notch.
- Covered in bacon, egg and cheese, Red Baron Bacon Scrambles are perfect for a hearty breakfast!
- Dinner’s ready but you’re missing a side? French Bread Pizza Singles in various flavors will help complete your meal.
- Need something to munch on while you binge watch Netflix? Heat up some Bagel Bites for a snack or appetizer, which come in flavors such as Supreme, Buffalo Style Chicken and Three Cheese.
- Pizza Rolls are where it’s at! Try Totino’s 8 New Dip Recipes to serve alongside your pizza rolls.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – on English muffins! They’re perfect for a party or late night snack.
- Or experiment with other toppings like these English Muffin Pizzas.
- You’ve probably never thought to combine pizza and pierogies, but it can be done – 5 Cheese Pierogy Pizza
- Phyllo dough is so versatile – use it to make this White Phyllo Pizza!
- Football season is here and so is Football Pizza! Covered in pepperonis, this is the perfect party pizza.
- Pizza Roll-Ups are another great appetizer or snack for while you’re cheering on your favorite team or hanging with your friends and family!
What are your favorite pizza toppings or preferred crust type? Tell us by sharing in the comments below!