Be a Theme Player and Throw a Fabulous Party That Won’t be Forgotten
Don’t let the pressures of hosting a party discourage you from entertaining- it’s your time to host a themed party! More than 27 percent of people readily admitted that they are most stressed when preparing meals for a dinner party, according to a recent NFRA survey. With a few simple steps, any party can come together in a cinch, just follow along as we provide tips and tricks for how to throw the party of the century!
1. Choose a party theme – Pick an entertaining theme to set the tone for any celebration that will be fun to plan and attend for both you and the guests.
- Graduation Celebration
- Memorial Day Gathering
- Game Night Cook-Out
- Champagne Brunch
2. Pair your theme with a menu and presentation – Develop complementary recipes and be sure to have some ready-to-serve options to leave room for you (the host) to socialize with guests. No worries we have helped map out some ideas further below!
- Serve appetizers and small bites on attractive platters with colorful designs that coincide with your theme; pair the dish with patriotic colors for Memorial Day or a pastel-palette for brunch.
- Garnish serving ware with a touch of freshness such as flowers or herbs. If you are outside for a cook-out, you could even borrow from the garden!
- Crank up the color dial! Decorate the table with school colors of the recent graduate’s soon-to-be new stomping grounds.
- Without interfering with the wonderful food aromas, place unscented candles on every table for a bit of ambiance.
3. Amp up the atmosphere – Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, don’t forget the most important detail; make sure every guest feels comfortable and connected.
- Choose how to serve food: buffet-style at an outdoors gathering for a laidback feel or a more formal sit-down meal at a special brunch.
- Consider offering a party favor! Not just for kids anymore, mini gifts or decorative details are great ice-breakers to get the party started.
- Set the mood with music. Create a themed-playlist for the party or ask guests to bring some of their favorite tunes to share with the crowd.
Now that you have taken the initial step and decided on a theme, it is time to create a matching menu. To get you started, we have put together sample menus to encourage the planning of an upcoming party and inspire your culinary creations.
- Any celebration calls for a dish that is loved by many. Serve a Puff Pastry Vegetable Pizza that is sure to please the recent graduate!
- Build a chip and dip (or veggies) station with Creamy Ranch Dip that is always a winner and a healthier option to recreate for the long nights studying when away at school. Or save time by picking up Buttermilk Ranch Dip from the dairy aisle!
- This Caramelized Plum Tart is out of this world and looks even better with its golden crust and deep purple hue. Pair with vanilla ice cream for a complete dessert treat.
Memorial Day Gathering- A Patriotic Party!
- Pass around bite-size Sriracha Palmiers and Citrus Salmon Lollipuffs to kick-off the summer season deliciously.
- Family and friends will devour Vegetable Pasta Salad after nibbling on appetizers. Don’t forget to hand out Texas Toast with a hint of garlic and cheese, because pasta is not a meal without a slice of toasty bread.
- Layers of cake, yogurt and fruit make this Lemon Raspberry Trifle topped with whipped cream perfect for a warm spring night spent on the patio. Add in blueberries to create a classic red, white and blue patriotic dessert.
Game Night Cook-Out.
- Roll the dice with a twist on a classic pigs in a blanket and pass around Franks Under Wraps for an all-time favorite appetizer.
- Tropical Teriyaki Kabobs are crucial cook-out menu items because they can be held in one hand while the other continues a competitive round of Gin Rummy.
- While everyone is caught up in their favorite game, distribute generous slices of Milano Cookie Cake that all ages will enjoy!
Host a Champagne Brunch.
- Not an early bird? Choose your time wisely and prepare Easy Eggs Benedict in less than 45 minutes, for a restaurant-style breakfast dish to satisfy even the biggest brunch appetite!
- Apple Cheddar Breakfast Strata is a sweet and savory dish that can be assembled the night before and popped into the oven before guests arrive.
- The drink of choice to leisurely sip on throughout the meal is a Tropical Smoothie bursting with island-inspired flavors. Serve with a splash of champagne for a refreshingly-fun twist on a mimosa!
With so many options, everyone and anyone can create a themed party. When it is your turn to be host or hostess, which one will you choose? Let us know in the comments below and give us a sneak peek into your menu!
About Pepperidge Farm
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, based in Norwalk, Connecticut, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. The company is now a nationwide business with 9 manufacturing facilities and almost 5,000 employees. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961. Pepperidge Farm is a member of the National Frozen and Refrigerated Food Association and some of this information originally appeared on Party Themes and Appetizing Event.
Survey findings are from a national online omnibus among American adults, men and women, 18+, fielded by Impulse Research in July 2013.