An Easier Way to Celebrate National Garlic Day
Did you know today is National Garlic Day? Garlic originates in Central Asia and has been cultivated for thousands of years. It has been the favorite ingredient of different civilizations throughout history (Egyptians, Romans, Gauls, etc.).
Garlic bulbs were fed to the Egyptians who built the pyramids and were placed in King Tutankhamun’s tomb. During the Middle Ages, many believed that garlic could be used in defense against vampires and other mythical evils. Today, garlic is a worldwide culinary staple and is used to enhance the flavor of sauces, meats, vegetables, fish and more.
Most Common Garlic Uses:
- Sauces: pesto, aioli, tapenade, tomato sauce
- Flavored butters
- Meats, stews, roasts
For a fast, convenient way to add garlic to your favorite dishes, try Darégal frozen chopped Garlic! Darégal’s Chopped Garlic is free-flowing, salt & preservative free, certified gluten free, & non-GMO certified. Darégal’s Garlic is chopped and ready to use right out of the freezer – no defrosting necessary. Darégal Gourmet’s freezing process preserves the fresh-picked flavor, aroma and color resulting in herbs that are fresher than fresh! One 2.65 oz container contains 15 garlic cloves.
- This Grilled Chicken With Roast Tomato Salsa dish calls for garlic in the marinade for the chicken and to make the salsa.
- Your family will love this Beef stew with Parsley, Garlic and Shallots for a weeknight meal.
- Instead of finely chopping two garlic cloves for these Asian Lettuce Wraps, you can use 2 Tbsp. of Darégal frozen chopped Garlic!
- Dip into this Classic & Easy Guacamole to hold you over until dinnertime.
- Skip the store bought and instead whip up Fresh Tomato Salsa.
- Impress your guests with Citrus Caprese Appetizers—which you can make easier using Darégal frozen chopped Garlic!
What are you waiting for? Celebrate National Garlic Day with Darégal!
About Darégal Gourmet
Since 1887, Darégal has been dedicated to growing and selling the highest quality all-natural herbs. Darégal herbs are Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten Free. Darégal herbs are 100% natural, free-flowing and do not contain salt or preservatives.
Because herbs lose 75% of its flavor and aroma within 24 hours of picking, Darégal ensures that all of its herbs are processed from field to freezer within three hours of harvesting. Darégal’s deep freezing process preserves the herbs’ fresh-picked flavor, aroma, and color, resulting in herbs that are “fresher than fresh!” For more information, visit www.DaregalgGourmet.com. Darégal Gourmet is a member of the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association.