7 Ways to Customize Meals using Frozen Rice
If loving rice is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Rice is a cereal grain and has fed more people over a longer period of time than any other crop. As far back as 2500 B.C., rice has been accounted in history as a source of food and plays an important role in many traditions. Rice is able to be grown in many parts of the world, even in the desert conditions of Saudi Arabia. In fact, it’s now grown on all continents except Antarctica. With September being National Rice Month, we thought it’d be the perfect chance to share our top ways to use frozen rice!
Did you know these facts about rice? Neither did we!
– Rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates—it provides your body and brain with the fuel each needs to function.
– Rice contains more than 15 vitamins and minerals, as well as beneficial antioxidants.
– Research shows that eating rice makes you feel fuller longer, which could aide in weight management.
– Rice is the least allergenic grain, making it a healthier option for those with gluten and other food sensitivities.
– Rice is sodium and cholesterol free, and when served plain it’s 100 calories per serving.
– Brown rice is a source of whole grains, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Rice eaters have a lower risk of high blood pressure.
There’s a variety of rice in the frozen food section, including:
- Birds Eye Long Grain White Rice
- Birds Eye Whole Grain Brown Rice
- InnovAsian Vegetable Fried Rice
- InnovAsian Chicken Fried Rice
- Tai Pei Shrimp Fried Rice
Here are our top seven ways to create a meal using frozen rice:
1. Soups & Stews
- We’re all about adding rice to our soups, like in this Hearty Chicken, Veggie & Rice Soup.
- Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew—who knew rice and stew tasted so good together?!
- Give ordinary chicken stir-fry a unique twist like in this Citrus Chicken Stir-Fry.
- This Brussels Sprouts and Steak Stir-Fry is a quick supper with restaurant flair!
3. Underneath the main course
- Try Sweet ‘N Sour Meatballs Over Rice—dinner never tasted so good!
- You can take a vacation without leaving your home with Island Lime Shrimp & Cilantro Rice!
- A casserole that’s both crunch and creamy, you’ll want to add this to your recipe repertoire—Southwestern Layered Rice!
- This delicious Chicken, Broccoli, Rice & Cheese Casserole is the perfect week night meal during a busy school week.
- The Greek-Style Grain Salad is both healthy and flavorful.
- If you’re looking to spice up your lunch, this Spicy Rice Salad will do the trick!
- Take your taste buds on a journey with this tasty Mediterranean Rice Pilaf!
- This Lemon Rice Pilaf has a tangy twist and pairs well with chicken.
- With bowls being so trendy, we highly recommend this Asian “Beef” Bowl that is vegetarian friendly!
- In a rush? This Asian Medley Chicken & Rice Bowl is ready in 15 minutes!
- If you love regular rice pudding as much as we do, then you should totally try Kozy Shack’s French Vanilla Rice Pudding or their Cinnamon Raisin Rice Pudding!
What’s your favorite way to eat rice? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stock up on your favorite frozen rice!