5 Surprising Things You Can Find in the Frozen Food Aisle
You do your best to balance all parts of your busy lifestyle including remembering to be active and keep a balanced diet. This is where frozen foods can be a reliable source for planning ahead and staying on track. Why? Frozen foods are real foods that just happen to be frozen retaining all the flavor, quality and nutrition as when they were made.
Did you know March is Frozen Food Month? That means savings and convenience for today’s busy families. The freezer section has really evolved over the years, and you can find hundreds of food options to help create easy, affordable meals. You may be surprised by what you can find, and during March you’re sure to get some great deals. As a Together Counts™ ambassador, we want to share our top five reasons to shop the frozen food aisle.
- Frozen fruits and veggies – Why choose frozen? They’re picked at their peak and flash frozen locking in all their beneficial nutrients. Frozen fruits and veggies are always in season, and they’re great time-savers because the cleaning and chopping are already done for you. Try new veggie and fruit smoothie blends for breakfast or make a Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl for an after workout recharge.
- Organic and vegetarian options – The frozen food aisle is home to options that meet every lifestyle and dietary need – from vegetarian and organic to
gluten-free products. Today’s frozen food manufacturers are committed to simplifying their ingredient lists and providing convenient products that you can feel good about eating and serving.
- Flavors from around the world – You can take a delicious trip around the world right in the frozen food aisle. There is no easier
way to get a taste of another culture. Frozen food manufacturers are satisfying the desire for broadened ethnic options including Asian, Korean, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean. It’s easy to find a new favorite.
- On-the-go breakfast choices – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. On busy mornings, taking time for a hot breakfast can seem impossible. Many options in the frozen food aisle like whole wheat waffles, breakfast sandwiches and burritos can help you get out the door quickly.
- Fish and chicken to fit every occasion – From the chicken nuggets and fish sticks your kids love to flavorful baked and grilled options, the variety and
versatility of frozen chicken and fish is endless. So many options are already cleaned, portioned and perfectly seasoned providing an easy and nutritious meal in a hurry. This Seafood Oscar is fancy enough for company but quick enough for any weeknight thanks to shortcuts from the freezer aisle.
Now is the time to take a look at the frozen food section, and see if there’s anything new since you’ve last been there…we’re betting there is!
The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association is a proud partner of the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation and Together Counts. This post originally appeared on the Together Counts blog.